We currently have a call for contributed talks open until February 29, 2024 AoE (accepting late submissions until March 8).
The Cryptographic Applications Workshop (CAW; the constructive twin of WAC) focuses on the construction and analysis of cryptography built for practice.
Inspired by the Real World Crypto Symposium, it aims to provide a forum for cryptographers in academia and industry to exchange ideas and insights, bridging the gap between research and real-world applications. The main themes of CAW are
- formalizing the security of deployed cryptography,
- constructing cryptographic primitives and systems for practice, and
- the industry perspective on deployment and maintenance of cryptography.
The workshop will consist of a mixture of invited and contributed talks on recent contributions and developments in the field of applied cryptography.
The full schedule will be published in the first week of April, once we decided on contributed talks. We may publish invited speakers already earlier.
call for talks
CAW accepts proposals for contributed talks. Submissions will be evaluated based on their relevance to the following topics:
- Bringing crypto from academia into the world.
- Analysis and proofs of schemes and protocols deployed in practice.
- Design and construction of cryptographic primitives and systems that also have an associated implementation or are being deployed.
- The industry perspective on deployment and maintenance of cryptography in practice.
Your submission should identify the topic of the talk, briefly motivate the relevance to the target audience, and specify the speaker.
The selection is made by the workshop organizers on the basis of real world impact and interest to the audience. Moreover, CAW values high-quality talks and therefore recommends submissions to describe relevant experiences of the intended speaker (e.g., by linking to the recording of a previous talk).
We aim to give most contributed talks 30-minute slots, including questions. However, we may decide to allocate shorter or longer slots depending on the number of exciting submissions and their relevance to the workshop theme.
Unlike for Eurocrypt, there are no proceedings at CAW and we do not publish papers. This means that we accept talks on both unpublished work and work published at other venues. If the talk is based on a paper, please submit the paper – as well as links to any available recordings of associated talks – as supplementary material. Your proposal will only be viewed by the organizers and any ideas therein will be kept confidential. If your talk is based on a paper that is in submission or references results that are not yet public, please let us know so that we can coordinate when the details of your talk can be made public. (Latest on the day of the workshop.)
Invited talks will be determined by the organizers. However, if you want to make us aware of a talk or speaker that you think we should invite, feel free to nominate them.
TL;DR for submissions
Please include the following information in your contributed talk submission.
- Description of the talk content, either in the form of…
- … a full paper and a short description of which aspects the talk will focus on.
- … an abstract describing the talk.
- … slides for a presentation, together with either speaker notes or a short outline of the non-visual content of the talk.
- Name and contact information of the speaker who will be giving the talk.
- A brief description of the relevant experience of the speaker, e.g. links to previous talks.
Submit your proposal by email to the organizers at email@example.com by February 29, 2024 AoE. We will accept late submissions until March 8 AoE, but we will give priority to talks submitted on or before February 29 AoE in case of a tie.
- December 1, 2024: open call for talks
- February 29, 2024 AoE: soft deadline for contributed talks
- March 8, 2024 AoE: deadline for late submissions of contributed talks (added on Feb 21 by popular demand)
- Mid to end of March 2024: acceptance notice for accepted talks
- April 2024: publish program with contributed and (most) invited talks
date and location
Date: Sunday, May 26 2024
Location: ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Select CAW under “affiliated events” when registering for Eurocrypt 2024.